Table of Contents
Online business intelligence certificate for professionals in any industry
Many organizations are now able to gather large amounts of information that can develop new opportunities for a company. However, it requires a professional who can make sense of the numbers using business intelligence (BI). Business intelligence uses technologies, processes, and application to analyze internal, structured data and business processes. BI supports better decision making and can be called a decision support system (DSS).
Learn to enable an organization to take advantage of all its data potential in this online business intelligence certificate. Harness these capabilities, convert them to knowledge, and get the right information to the right people, at the right time via the right channel.
Common functions of business intelligence are:
- Reporting, data, text, and process mining,
- Complex event processing,
- Business performance management,
- Benchmarking, and
- Predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Become an asset in your workplace
CSU’s business intelligence certificate program allows students to bring value to companies across many sectors that have vast quantities of both structured and unstructured data. Identification, analysis, and transformation into useful data are necessary for business optimization, forecasting, and to meet business objectives. This certificate provides students with a unique skill set, a valuable credential, and immediate recognition in the IS/IT field. This particular area of information systems is highly sought by businesses in their new hires and existing IS personnel.
What you learn
The online business intelligence certificate is taught by CSU’s College of Business faculty, who bring their expertise into the online classroom. You will learn about:
- The importance of data mining and its application in business.
- Standardized data mining processes and specific methodologies like CRISP-DM and SEMMA.
- Data mining methods and techniques for classification, segmentation, association, prediction, forecasting, and sequencing.
- The process of building, running, and validating data mining tools and how to interpret the results.
- The tools and processes for conducting text analytics.
- How web content, structure, and logs can be mined for extracting useful information.
- The emerging field of business intelligence including its capabilities, role in decision making, and vendors, while gaining hands-on experience with some popular BI technologies and tools.
- How to design, implement, manipulate, and manage databases through a rigorous foundation in relational database management systems.
Option to pursue a master’s degree
This certificate can be a companion to the online computer information systems master’s degree. The credits completed as part of this certificate may be applied toward the degree after formal admission per University transfer policies with a grade of B or better in each course. However, successful completion of the courses or certificate does not guarantee admission to the degree program.