Amidst the uncertainty of today’s fast-paced business world, companies are constantly looking for ways to realize business intelligence automation and streamline their processes. Automation in business has become mainstream, with everyone from small businesses to large enterprises making it an integral part of their daily operations.
However, some tasks still require a lot of human interaction and are challenging to automate; this is where intelligent business automation services come into play. Also known as ‘Intelligent Process Automation,’ this cutting-edge technology combines the power of business intelligence automation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to automate complex tasks that were previously thought impossible.
Table of Contents
The business case for intelligent automation
Over the last few years, intelligent automation has become one of the most significant trends in the business world, providing companies with essential benefits such as increased efficiency, accuracy, and cost savings.
Intelligent business automation has already proven its worth in several industries. For instance, half of all insurers had already adopted aspects of intelligent automation as part of their repertoire by 2021. Machine learning algorithms also help detect fraudulent transactions in the finance industry.
A report by Research and Markets indicated that the global intelligent process automation market size is expected to grow from 13.9 billion in 2022 to USD 21.1 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 8.7%. This shows that intelligent automation is necessary for businesses seeking to stay competitive in today’s digital age.
In this article, we’ll dive deeper into what intelligent business automation services are, its components, the benefits of implementing this technology, and how you should implement it in your business processes. We’ll also look at some examples of intelligent automation from top industries, including healthcare and finance. Let’s begin exploring the exciting world of intelligent automation.
What exactly is intelligent automation?
Intelligent automation is difficult to define since it is an advanced technology that combines several components to automate complex business processes. However, at the very foundation, the elements of intelligent automation include artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation (RPA).
- Artificial intelligence is the backbone of intelligent automation; it is defined as the ability of machines to complete tasks that would usually require human intelligence, such as understanding natural language or recognizing patterns in data. AI enables machines to make decisions and take actions based on data and rules without human intervention.
- Machine learning is a subset of AI that allows machines to learn and improve their performance over time. Machine learning algorithms use historical data to identify patterns and make predictions. The more data the machine has, the better it makes predictions. This capability allows machines to continuously learn and adapt to changing business needs.
- Robotic process automation is a technology that enables machines to perform repetitive tasks that humans once performed. RPA is the backbone of intelligent automation as it helps automate tasks like data entry, data processing, and document management. RPA robots can mimic human actions like typing, clicking, and scrolling, making them ideal for automating routine and repetitive tasks.
[Also Read: Ways to Integrate AI Technology in Your Business]
How does intelligent automation help businesses?
Intelligent automation is revolutionizing the way businesses operate, and for a good reason. It offers numerous advantages to help enterprises become more efficient, reduce costs, and stay ahead of the competition. As part of this b, we will explore some of the advantages of intelligent automation and provide examples of how businesses can benefit.
- Increased Efficiency: One of the most significant benefits of intelligent automation is increased efficiency. By automating routine tasks, like data entry or invoice processing, businesses can save time and resources that can be allocated to higher-value tasks. For example, in the healthcare industry, RPA has been used to automate the processing of insurance claims, resulting in a 25% reduction in processing time.
- Cost Savings: Intelligent automation can also lead to cost savings for businesses. By automating routine tasks, enterprises can reduce labor costs and increase productivity. According to a report by McKinsey, businesses that adopted automation witnessed a 30% increase in productivity and a 15% reduction in labor costs. In addition, by automating processes like inventory management, businesses can reduce waste and save money on storage costs.
- Improved Accuracy: Intelligent automation can also improve the accuracy of business operations. By using machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence, businesses can reduce errors and improve the quality of their products or services. For example, intelligent automation has been used in the manufacturing industry to enhance product quality by automating quality control processes.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: Finally, intelligent automation can lead to increased customer satisfaction. Businesses can respond to customers more quickly and efficiently by automating routine tasks like customer service inquiries. In addition, by using machine learning algorithms to predict customer needs and preferences, businesses can offer personalized products and services that meet customer expectations.
How do you implement Intelligent Automation?
Intelligent automation is becoming increasingly popular among businesses looking to automate routine and repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce costs. However, adopting intelligent automation can be a daunting task, and companies must have a clear plan and strategy in place to ensure a successful implementation. In this blog, we will explore how companies should go about adopting intelligent automation.
Step 1: Define Your Goals and Objectives
Before embarking on any automation project, businesses should define their goals and objectives. This step involves identifying which tasks and processes should be automated, the expected outcomes of automation, and the benefits to the business. This step will ensure that the automation project aligns with the business strategy and that the expected outcomes can be measured.
Step 2: Assess Your Current Processes
Once the goals and objectives have been defined, businesses should assess their current processes. This step involves identifying the tasks and processes that can be automated, evaluating the data and technology infrastructure, and identifying any potential roadblocks to implementation. This step will help businesses understand the scope and complexity of the automation project and ensure that the implementation plan is realistic.
Step 3: Choose the Right Intelligent Automation Tools
Choosing the right automation tools is crucial to the success of any automation project. Businesses should evaluate the available automation tools and choose those that best fit their needs and budget. Some of the critical factors to consider when selecting automation tools include ease of use, scalability, and integration capabilities.
Step 4: Develop an Implementation Plan
Once the intelligent automation tools have been chosen, businesses should develop a comprehensive implementation plan. This plan should include timelines, milestones, and responsibilities. The implementation plan should also consider the training and support needs of employees and stakeholders.
Step 5: Test and Validate the Automation Solution
Before deploying the automation solution, businesses should test and validate it. This step involves ensuring that the automation solution is working as intended and that it can handle the expected volume of data and transactions. Testing and validation are crucial to ensure the automation solution meets the business needs and requirements.
Step 6: Deploy and Monitor the Automation Solution
Once the automation solution has been tested and validated, businesses can deploy it. This step involves training employees, monitoring the solution’s performance, and addressing any issues. Continuous monitoring is essential to ensure the automation solution delivers the expected outcomes and benefits.
Step 7: Measure the Results and Refine the Solution
The final step is to measure the results and refine the automation solution. This step involves evaluating the effectiveness of the automation solution, measuring the return on investment, and identifying areas for improvement. Businesses should continuously refine the automation solution to ensure it remains aligned with the business strategy and objectives.
What is an example of intelligent automation?
Consider a leading e-commerce company interested in using intelligent automation to improve its logistics and supply chain management. The e-commerce industry is a highly competitive space, and efficient logistics and supply chain management are crucial for success.
The e-commerce company in question has been experiencing challenges managing its logistics and supply chain processes. They are facing a high volume of orders, which has made it difficult to manage inventory and delivery schedules. Additionally, the company’s manual processes were time-consuming, prone to errors, and needed more scalability.
To address these challenges, the company has implemented intelligent automation services into its logistics and supply chain processes. After a thorough analysis, the company identified three critical areas for automation: order processing, inventory management, and delivery schedule.
- Order Processing: Order processing was one of the most time-consuming processes for the company, as it involved manually processing orders from different channels, including their website, social media platforms, and mobile applications. This process was prone to errors, which could lead to customer dissatisfaction and delayed deliveries.
To automate order processing, the company used intelligent automation services to create a chatbot that could handle customer inquiries and process orders. The chatbot was trained using machine learning algorithms and could interact with customers in a human-like manner. This reduced the workload on the company’s customer support team and improved response times.
- Inventory Management: The company needed help managing inventory, which had impacted its ability to fulfill orders on time. Manual inventory management processes were time-consuming, prone to errors, and needed more real-time visibility.
To automate inventory management, the company used intelligent automation services to develop an AI-powered system that could track inventory levels, forecast demand, and generate purchase orders automatically. This intelligent automation system was integrated with the company’s order processing system, which allowed them to manage inventory in real time and improve their fulfillment rates.
- Delivery Scheduling: The company’s manual delivery scheduling process was a significant bottleneck, which made it challenging to meet customer expectations for delivery times. Delivery schedules were often delayed due to poor coordination between the company’s logistics team and delivery partners.
To address this challenge, the company used intelligent automation services to develop an AI-powered system to optimize delivery routes and schedules based on real-time traffic data, weather conditions, and the availability of delivery partners. This intelligent automation system also provided customers with real-time updates on the status of their deliveries, improving customer satisfaction.
Albeit hypothetical, the e-commerce company in question would have managed to achieve significant results by implementing intelligent automation solutions, realizing a major reduction in order processing time and delivery times, and an improvement in inventory accuracy. Moreover, they would have been able to increase productivity and customer satisfaction successfully.
Many companies have managed to replicate the success of this hypothetical scenario, as is discussed in the next section.
Other use cases for business intelligence automation
Intelligent automation (IA) in business is rapidly revolutionizing the way we work in different industries. For example, the technology is quickly transforming how businesses operate in finance and healthcare, as seen from the several intelligent process automation use cases in the domains.
In finance, intelligent automation has a number of applications, such as:
- Fraud Detection: IA can be used to identify fraudulent activities in the financial sector. With machine learning algorithms and data analytics tools, IA can detect patterns in data and alert financial institutions of potential fraud attempts, which helps reduce the risk of fraudulent activities and enhances customer trust.
- Account Reconciliation: IA can be used to automate the account reconciliation process, making it more accurate and efficient. By automating the process, IA reduces the chances of human error and the time spent on manual reconciliation; this helps businesses save time and money while improving accuracy.
- Customer Service: IA can improve customer service in the financial sector by automating responses to customer inquiries. With chatbots and natural language processing (NLP) tools, IA can understand customer queries and provide relevant responses. This helps businesses provide quick and efficient customer service while reducing response times.
[Also Read: How to use RPA in Finance? Use Cases and Real-World Examples]
In healthcare, on the other hand, intelligent automation has applications such as:
- Medical Record Keeping: IA can automate medical record-keeping, reducing the need for manual data entry. By automating the process, IA can reduce errors and improve the accuracy of medical records. This helps healthcare providers make more informed decisions and improves patient outcomes.
- Claims Processing: IA can automate the claims processing process, making it faster and more accurate. With machine learning algorithms and data analytics tools, IA can identify fraudulent claims and reduce the risk of errors. This helps healthcare providers reduce costs and improve the efficiency of the claims process.
- Patient Care: IA can improve patient care in healthcare by automating repetitive tasks, such as appointment scheduling and prescription refills. By automating these tasks, IA frees up healthcare benefits are professionals’ time to focus on more complex patient care tasks. This helps improve the quality of care provided to patients.
Intelligent automation is a transformative technology that has the potential to revolutionize the way businesses operate, bringing about increased efficiency, cost savings, improved accuracy, and increased customer satisfaction. Appinventiv can help businesses stay competitive in the digital age by providing expert guidance and support in adopting intelligent automation. With Appinventiv’s cutting-edge AI development services and clear strategy, companies can successfully implement intelligent automation in business and unlock its full potential. So, whether it’s automating complex tasks or streamlining business processes, Appinventiv can help businesses leverage the power of intelligent automation to achieve their goals and succeed in the digital marketplace. It’s time to embrace this exciting world of intelligent automation and partner with Appinventiv to take your business to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is intelligent automation, and how does it help businesses?
A. Intelligent automation is a technology that combines artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation in business to automate complex processes. It offers numerous advantages to help enterprises become more efficient, reduce costs, and stay ahead of the competition. Some of the intelligent automation benefits include increased efficiency, cost savings, improved accuracy, and increased customer satisfaction.
Q2. How do companies implement intelligent automation?
A. Companies must have a clear plan and strategy in place to ensure a successful implementation of intelligent automation. They should first define their goals and objectives, identify which tasks and processes should be automated, and assess their current processes. Then, they should select the right technology, create a roadmap, train employees, and continuously monitor and improve the automation processes.
Q3. How can intelligent automation improve accuracy in business operations?
A. Intelligent automation can improve the accuracy of business operations by using machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence to reduce errors and improve the quality of products or services. For example, intelligent automation has been used in the manufacturing industry to enhance product quality by automating quality control processes.
Co-Founder and Director