If you’re looking to start or expand your company in another country, the UK is an ideal place. Reasons for this include:
- the UK has one of the lowest corporation tax rates in the G20
- you can register a company within 48 hours
- the labour force is the second largest in the Europe
- the UK government offers support to start-ups and entrepreneurs
Government support for start-up companies and entrepreneurs includes access to mentoring programmes and funding through working with the private sector.
2. Help for start-ups and entrepreneurs
Introduction to Global Entrepreneur Programme
The Department for International Trade’s (DIT) Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) helps overseas entrepreneurs and early stage technology businesses or start-ups that want to relocate their business to the UK.
The programme has so far helped to:
- relocate 340 businesses to the UK
- create over 1,000 jobs in the UK economy