Simplicity is key.
*Note: I recently published the Python version of this tutorial which you can find here.
The Coronavirus propagation throughout the world is alarming. Up to today (April 13, 2020), there are over 2 million confirmed cases of Coronavirus.
The objective of this article is to get the needed data for research and gain proactive visibility on COVID-19 by enabling the gathering of all relevant data into an R dataframe.
- Step 1: Set up technical prerequisites
- Step 2: Gather COVID-19 confirmed cases
- Step 3: Gather News of COVID
- Step 4: Gather Financial and other Indicators
- Step 5: Blend all the data together
- Have R 3.2.0 or > installed
- Install packages ‘OpenBlender’, ‘RandomForest’ and ‘MLmetrics’
The CSSE is doing the amazing job of uploading the daily data here. However, it is wildly untidy and on many different datasets,