Business Functions is a function library for Microsoft Excel for Windows desktop that’s been around since 2002.
We think it makes business plans, budgets, structured financings and cashflows more powerful and manageable. We found that using standard functions makes models:
- more adaptable, because a single function call can invoke a large variety of different kinds of behaviour.
- more accurate, because, amongst other things, over the years we’ve built in quite a sophisticated date/time system that models time periods very accurately.
- faster to build, because you can build from an existing palette of standard algorithms, rather than reinventing the wheel every time. Its more of a building block approach.
- quick to run, because of the fast language the functions are written in (C++).
- probably less error prone, because of the standard and tested behaviour of the functions. Be aware, that it doesn’t eliminate the cause of