Operated by Small Business Victoria, the Small Business Bus visits Melbourne and regional Victoria as a ‘travelling office on wheels’. It offers friendly, professional assistance and expert advice from an experienced business mentor.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current State of Emergency declared in Victoria all sessions booked on the Small Business Bus will be conducted over the phone.
Free assistance to all businesses.
Helpful resources come to you
Whether you’re planning, starting or growing your business, the Victorian Government’s Small Business Bus can help you to develop your business ideas and capabilities.
Free business mentoring on board the Small Business Bus is available from an experienced professional. Sessions are strictly limited so advance bookings are required.
Please visit our Small Business Events Calendar to book your session today.
Bookings are essential.
If you are a local council and would like to enquire about the availability of the Small Business Bus to visit your region, please call 13 22 15.
If you are thinking of starting a small business or are a small business owner and would like to register interest in the Small Business Bus visiting your area, please email us.
What you get
A mentor can help you to identify a clear direction for your business, discuss key issues and priorities, and develop an action plan to achieve your goals.
They can advise you in a range of areas including:
- the viability of your business idea
- developing a business plan or marketing strategy
- improving your understanding of cash flow management
- setting clear goals and objectives for achieving business growth.
Delivered by mentors from the Small Business Mentoring Service (SBMS), the free 45-minute sessions are available daily from 10am until 4pm and can be tailored to address the specific needs of your business.
All mentoring sessions are private and confidential. They are provided by dedicated volunteers with extensive personal experience in small business and with expertise from senior levels of corporate management.
Mentors are skilled across a number of business areas including finance, human resources and organisational development, marketing, strategy development, business planning and disaster recovery. All clients seen on board the Bus are eligible for ongoing mentoring support from SBMS at a reduced rate.
Tips and hints
- Book in advance through the Small Business Events Calendar
- Places are limited and they book out quickly
- Please note that we only allow one session per person
- If you’re unable to secure a booking, add yourself to the waiting list through the calendar or consider booking a low-cost session with the Small Business Mentoring Service directly.